Aryan Khan and different accused in a case concerning the alleged seizure of banned medication from a cruise send off the Mumbai coast, will probably be lodged in Mumbai’s Arthur Highway Prison, probably the most oldest jails within the nation. Further Leader Metropolitan Justice of the Peace R M Nerlikar rejected the bail pleas of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan‘s son Aryan Khan (23) and the other two accused.
The court on Thursday sent Aryan Khan and seven others arrested in the case in 14-day judicial remand after their NCB custody ended. Additional Solicitor General Anil Singh, appearing for the NCB, opposed the bail applications of the three accused.
ABOUT Arthur Road Jail
Mumbai Central Prison, popularly known as Arthur Road Jail, was built in 1926, and is Mumbai’s biggest and oldest jail. It homes lots of the town’s prisoners. It was once declared a Central Prison in 1972. Even supposing its title was once modified to Mumbai Central Jail. The prison occupies 2 acres (0.81 ha) of land.
The prison was once at the beginning constructed to deal with 800 prisoners however the reasonable choice of inmates is 2900—a ways exceeding its capability relating to house, sanitation and different amenities. It’s steadily reported that the prison is overcrowded, and there were proposals to construct some other such facility within the japanese suburbs of Mankhurd to ease the burden at the prison.
In July 2021, 8 new barracks have been added to the prison which might space 200 further inmates. There have been a number of delays in development, which lasted 5 years, because of scarcity of finances. This was once finished in an try to alleviate the overcrowding state of affairs, one thing that the jail government have been incessantly criticized for.
The prison has additionally noticed gang wars.
• Sanjay Dutt: The Bollywood actor was once imprisoned for his position in 1993 bomb blasts. He stayed in barrack quantity 10. The high-security cellular was once close to the anda cellular the place Abu Jundal was once stored.
• Ajmal Kasab: A Pakistani terrorist and member of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) who took section within the 2008 Mumbai assaults. Ten Pakistani terrorists, together with Kasab, had introduced an assault on key places within the town at the evening of November 26, 2008. The terrorists killed 166 folks and injured over 600 others. On November 2012, Kasab was once hanged on the Yerwada Central Prison in Pune.
• Abu Salem: A terrorist and organised crime chief is convict in 1993 bomb blast case. He was once later shifted to Taloja jail after gangster Mustafa Dossa attacked him in Arthur Highway.
• Chhota Rajan: Underworld don Chhota Rajan was once stored in Arthur Highway prison
• Peter Mukerjea: Sheena Bora homicide case accused Peter Mukerjea was once additionally lodged in Arthur Highway Prison.
• Arun Gawli: He was once convicted in 2012 for the homicide of Shiv Sena chief and corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar. He was once first lodged in Arthur Highway prison and was once later sentenced to lifestyles imprisonment, which he’s these days serving at Nagpur Central Jail.
For the reason that excessive profile fugitives like Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, and Mehul Choksi also are dealing with deportation circumstances from overseas lands again into India to stand trials in Arthur Highway Prison.